This week Jess and Andy interview Ryan Hatcher, the National Director of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and their fundraising organization, Team in Training. Ryan shares his history with the organization, some of his travels across the world, and what motivates and inspires him to bring runners together to raise money for such a great cause! He gives great insight on effective ways to fundraise and how he works tirelessly to create experiences of “wonderment and awe” for his athletes.
We also have a bonus section to round out the podcast this week. While in Austin for Running USA, Andy was able to interview race directors about their experiences with the craziest thing that happened on race day. This collage not only shares some of the behind-the-scenes troubleshooting that happens on race day, but also shines a light on the more humorous things that can happen at an event.
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Team in Training – started in 1988
- Ryan Hatcher – Twitter, Instagram
- Chef’s Table – Alinea
- TCS New York City Marathon
- Did someone say Disney Marathon?
- Paris Marathon
- LLS present at Austin Marathon, Puerto Rico, Berlin Marathon, Dublin Marathon, San Francisco Giant Race
- Our Race Director Interviews
- Follow Team BibRave on social!
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!