Today we bring you Episode 141 of The BibRave Podcast – featuring a race recap of Jess’s Boston Marathon and a catch-up with Ian Sharman in Boston. You know Ian as a frequent podcast guest and a serious ultra runner! This week’s episode is brought to you by Brooks Running. Brooks has partnered with BibRave to create Nashville Notes: a Runner’s Guide to Music City, featuring all the race weekend inspiration and recommendations you need for St. Jude Rock ‘n’ Roll Nashville.
When Tim and Jess talk to Ian they discuss all the details that go into an attempt at the Boston double, running from the finish to the start before he runs the Boston Marathon. That leads to an interesting conversation about running and pacing by feel, learning how to do that, and getting out of your comfort zone.
Check out our past episodes with Ian Sharman:
- Episode #46 – Ian Sharman and Julia’s Grandma’s Marathon report
- Episode #54 – The Leadville 100 Pre-Race
- Episode #88 – Boston Favs and Ian Sharman on his business and training for a fast half
- The BibRave Bonus Mile – Bend Road Trip
- Nashville Notes: a Runner’s Guide to Music City, presented by Brooks Running
- Ian Sharman
- Boston to Big Sur
- Western States
- Antelope Canyon 50 Miler
- Recharge Sauna
- Follow Team BibRave on social!
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!