Today we bring you Episode 138 of The BibRave Podcast – featuring a conversation about when and how to use CBD with Dr. Josh Kaplan, Assistant Professor of Neuroscience at Western Washington University. This week’s episode is brought to you by RAM Racing’s Cinco de Miler and Soldier Field 10 Mile– use code “BRPOD19” and save $5 on all of RAM’s “Run This Town” race events!
You may remember Josh from Episode 89 of The BibRave Podcast where he introduced the positive effects of CBD to treat a number of runner ailments. In our follow-up chat we dive deeper into the proliferation of CBD-based products in the market. We specifically discuss the difference of hemp-derived versus cannabis-derived CBD, and what you should consider when purchasing and using these products. Josh drops a TON of knowledge, with some key takeaways for what to research and how to approach using CBD (topics vs. edibles vs. tinctures, what’s the right dosing, etc.).
Catch our past content from our friend and expert, Dr. Josh Kaplan:
- Episode #89: Runner’s High: Marijuana for Runners and a Boston Recap
- The BibRave Blog: A Runner’s High: A Guide to Talking about Cannabis and Giving it a Try
- Episode #79: Drunk on the Run
- The BibRave Blog: Lesson from a Bachelor Run: The Science of Alcohol and Running
- Cinco de Miler – use code “BRPOD19” for $5 off
- Soldier Field 10 Mile – use code “BRPOD19” for $5 off
- Dr. Josh Kaplan
- Dr. Kaplan’s posts on The BibRave Blog:
- Hemp Farming Act of 2018
- Ep. 94: What to Know about Nutrition and Supplements
- P450 enzymes
- Follow Team BibRave on social!
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!