Thanks for joining us for another episode of The BibRave Podcast. In episode 91 we bring you a twofer. We highlight an upcoming documentary GODSPEED: A Race Across America, which features one of the most difficult endurance races in the world, and then we discuss one of our favorite races – the Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon – with some of our fellow BibRave Pros and Rock ‘n’ Bloggers.
First, we chat with Brad Cooper and Jerry Schemmel, whose documentary GODSPEED features them taking on the Race Across America (RAAM), a 3000+ mile cycling race with over 175,000+ feet of climbing. Brad and Jerry gave us insight into how they decided to take on this adventure and what they learned through this life changing 7-day challenge. The documentary will be out only on May 22, so visit godspeedcycling.com to find a theater near you.
Next, we bring you the second in a series of six features where we highlight an upcoming Rock ‘n’ Roll race. And this time, it’s one of our hometown favorites – Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago! Rock ‘n’ Blogger Alina Juarez and BibRave Pro Lindsey McRoberts share some tips on what they love about this race and the city of Chicago (landscape architecture & breaded steak sandwiches? Yes please!).
There are a lot of great takeaways in this episode, so we hope you enjoy it. Be sure to share it with your fellow runner buds! And don’t forget to check us out on Spotify – streaming all your favorite episodes! And, as always, you can find us on social – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
- GODSPEED, the documentary
- Race Across America
- Our very own BibRave sneak peek at GODSPEED
- Humana Rock ‘n’ Roll Chicago Half Marathon
- Register with code “RNRBRP2018” and save $15 on the Half
- BibRave Pro Lindsey McRoberts
- Rock ‘n’ Blogger Alina Juarez
- Weav Music app for playlists
- Ricobenes Chicago on the Southside – get the breaded steak sandwich!
- Maggie Daley Park
- Hospital Hill Run – June 1 and 2
- Use code “BIBHHR18” to save 15% on any event distance!
- Great Western Running Path
- Follow Team BibRave on social!
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!