We have a great, new episode of The BibRave Podcast all ready to go! Don’t forget to check us out on Spotify – streaming all the classic episodes with awesome interviews, race recaps, and really attractive hosts 😉.
This week Tim and Jess go behind the scenes of race operations with Matt West – Senior Vice President of Operations for DMSE. Matt has worked in race ops for years and manages this little race called the Boston Marathon. He is also the director for the Antarctica Marathon (penguins and seals and icebergs, oh my!).
Matt shares the details behind race operations including his strategy of preventing fires versus putting out fires and the fact that, as he says, “every road race is held together with zip ties.” We know you’ll enjoy this smart convo with Matt, Tim, and Jess. As always, don’t forget to follow us on social – Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram!
- Matt West – Senior Vice President of Operations for DMSE
- DMSE – Dave McGillivray Sports Enterprises
- Antarctica Marathon
- Rocky road ice cream
- Endurance: Shackleton’s Incredible Voyage – by Alfred Lansing
- March of the Penguins
- Leopard seals
- Zip ties – “Every road race is held together with zip ties…”
- Meb! & Shalane
- Tokyo Marathon, London Marathon, Berlin Marathon
- Martin Richard Foundation
- Follow Team BibRave on social!
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!