Our BibRave Pros are a team of awesome run blogger who run the best races and test the latest products. We asked each of our Pros to answer a few questions about themselves, their running history and their favorite gear! If you have any comments or additional questions, let them know below!
Name: Angie Maske-Berka
Where I live… Iowa
I’ve been a BibRave Pro for… Over 3 years! (Since April 2014)
My main running goal for this 2017 is/was: I didn’t have one, but happily remained injury free!
My favorite race distance is: 50K
My PRs are
- 5k: 24:43 Easter Egg Scramble 5k, Davenport, IA 4-19-14
- 6k: 33:22 Drake Relays Race, Des Moines, IA 4-28-13
- 6.34k: 35:48 Shamrock Shuffle. Iowa City, IA
- 4 Miler: 34:54 Moonlight Chase, Eldridge, IA 7-13-13
- 8k: 44:19 Marion Turkey Trot, Marion, IA 11-16-13
- 5 Miler: 45:14 Run With Carl, Bettendorf, IA 9-1-14
- 10k: 53:51 Bear Stampede 10k West Branch, IA 5-10-14
- 7 Miler: 1:08:24 Bix 7, Davenport, IA 7-27-13
- 15k: 1:29 Hot Chocolate St. Louis, MO 12-14-14
- 10 Miler: 1:37:12 Soldier Field 10 miler, Chicago, IL 5-23-15
- 10 Nautical Miles: Fort to Base, Chicago, IL, 8-23-15, 2:05:25
- 20k: 2:02:15 Dam to Dam, Des Moines, IA 6-1-13
- Half Marathon: 1:58:27 Garry Bjorklund Half, Duluth, MN 6-21-14
- 30k: Pleasant Creek Trail Run, 4:04. Palo, IA
- Full Marathon: 4:55:02 Louisiana Marathon 1-17-16
- *Grandma’s Marathon, stopped to pee 4:52 6/20/15
- 50k: 7:09 NFEC WI, Eagle, WI
My favorite races are: Grandma’s Marathon, Pleasant Creek Trail Run, Urban Bourbon Half marathon, Amana Freezer 5k, Legend of the Fall, Hawkeye 50k, The North Face Endurance Series Wisconsin, Run with Carl, and the Blue Ridge Marathon.
My playlist consists of: Eminem, Eric Church, AC/DC, Kenny Chesney, Huey Lewis, New Kids on the Block, Flo Rida, Bruno Mars, Zac Brown Band, the Biebs, Pitbull, Maroon 5, Macklemore, and P!nk.
My race day gear checklist includes: Sparkle skirt, Hat, AfterShokz, Garmin, compression socks, Spibelt, and sunglasses.
Why I like being a BibRave Pro… I like meeting the Pros and making new friendships!
Two goals on the horizon for me are: I am not a goal person, but rather I look for the challenge. Maybe in 2018 I set a new marathon PR? Someday I’d also like to run 50 miles.
Follow Angie on social! Twitter – @angiemaskeberka & Instagram – @amaskeberka