Hello! It’s been so fun getting to know everyone in the BibRave/#BibChat community over the last four years, so we wanted to help you get to know us a bit more. To that end, we asked each member of Team BibRave to answer a few questions about themselves and their running history. If you have any comments or additional questions, let them know below!
- My main running goal for this 2017 is/was…
To finish the Leadville 100 (✅) in under 25 hours (👎👎).
- My running shoes are…
Nike Lunar Racers 3.0 for roads, Nike Terra Kiger 3 for trails.
- My total number of races completed (by distance)
😱😱 Too many to count so I’ll stick to 2017 – The Bill Aronson Track Half (BATH), 4 Portland Trail Series races, the Mount Hood 50 Mile, and the Leadville 100.
- My PR/PBs are…
2:46:19 Marathon, 1:16 in the Half*
*Achieved on the aforementioned Track Half Marathon
- My favorite races are…
Trail races, especially ultras! Such a cool, laid-back vibe but always competitive and with awesome post-race parties.
- My playlist screenshot:
Podcasts only! Hardcore History, The Waking Up Podcast, THE BIBRAVE PODCAST, Revisionist History, How I Built This, The Kevin Rose Show
- My favorite motivational/inspirational quote and/or running mantra?
“Run the mile you’re in.” — I think Shalane Flanagan and “Never take a finish line for granted.” — Bart Yasso
- The lessons I’ve learned from running are…
You’re stronger than you think you are. (They really hammer that lesson home at Leadville)
- My 3-5 most inspiring people are…
- Kilian Jornet (@kilianj) because he’s basically the Michael Jordan of ultra running
- Kevin Rose – tech entrepreneur – (@kevinrose) not a runner but I really admire (tech entrepreneur), and
- Meb Keflezighi (@runmeb) because he basically represents everything that’s inspiring and good about running and, well, humans.
- Two goals on the horizon for me are…
PR in Tokyo 2018, and… good question!!!