This week’s episode of The BibRave Podcast is here for your listening pleasure! On this episode, Tim and Julia welcome Dr. Justin Ross – a clinical psychologist and co-founder of MindBodyHealth. Dr. Ross specializes in a number of health psychology-related areas, including sports and performance, pain management, eating disorders, stress reduction, bariatrics, and mindfulness-based interventions.
The episode is chock-full of useful info that we hope you find relevant to not just running, but life in general. Check out a few of Dr. Ross’ interesting one-liners along with some links from the show below.
- Headspace and Calm
- We must defeat the “One pace to rule all paces” obsession
- “Trust is the antidote to anxiety”
- How to Be Lucky – Power of Positive Thinking
- “We can’t change what we aren’t aware of”
- But… [Paraphrased]: “Awareness leads to anxiety if no corrective action occurs”
- “If you’re not breathing, you’re having a rough day”
- Tim’s workout of the week – Hip Dips! (though, turns out, they were already named that…)
- Julia’s workout of the week – Waking up with 5 Downward Dog, 50 Jumping Jacks, 25 pushups, 1 minute of planking
- Dr. Ross’ Sports Psych workout of the week – 3 x “I am” statements; in the morning, during your run (ponder how you’ll deal with adversity on race day) and at the end of the day (connect to gratitude with three things you’re thankful for).
- Dr. Ross: Twitter, Website, and Facebook
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty. Check out his site for more audio goodness!
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
Thanks, and hope you enjoy!