Our guest this week is co-owner of Physicians Plus Chicago and longtime BibRave friend, Dr. Tim Marando, Doctor of Chiropractic (D.C.) and Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine (N.D.).
Dr. Tim and his co-owner/brother, Dr. Paul, are sports medicine docs with a practice largely focussed on runners, triathletes, and competitive fitness athletes (CrossFit, olympic weightlifting, etc.)
As chiropractor and naturopath, Dr. Tim utilizes various treatments such as spinal manipulation, Active Release Techniques(ART), Fascial Distortion Method (FDM), Graston Technique, Kinesio Taping, McKenzie Method, nutritional supplementation and dietary/lifestyle modification.
Dr. Tim and Dr. Paul were our sports docs in Chicago, and because we saw such amazing results from their treatment, we’ve referred literally dozens of people to their practice.
Listen to this week’s episode here!
- The body can learn, but it doesn’t know what to learn so it will learn bad habits. — paraphrased from Dr. Tim
- Book reco: Becoming a Supple Leopard, by Glen Cordoza
- ClassPass – ClassPass is a monthly membership that connects you to 8,000+ of the best fitness studios
- Recommended at-home therapy tools: lacrosse ball, foam roller (whatever brand you get, make sure it has a hard plastic center. All foam = rapid breakdown), therapy or resistance bands
- Physicians Plus Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
For those digging the sweet ukulele intro music, that comes to us from the talented musician and running coach, Matt Flaherty himself. Check out his site for more audio goodness.
If you like what you hear and want to get more, please subscribe in iTunes and leave a review. That pleases our overlords at iTunes… 😬
If you want more from the BibRave running community, check out our race review page at BibRave.com or follow us on Twitter @BibRave.
Pingback: The BibRave Podcast Ep. 84: Pain Relief: The Other PR – BibRave Blog
Pingback: Back-to-Back Marathons – BibRave Blog